As we develop a better understanding of the impact our buildings and communities have on the natural environment, we’ve changed the way we plan, construct, and operate facilities. Sustainable, resource efficient, and environmentally friendly buildings are better for our environment, and are also better for owners and occupants alike.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is the most widely-used third-party verification and certification process for green buildings. Many of LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company's in-house engineers are LEED Accredited, with experience designing systems for LEED Certified buildings.
Our LEED building design services can help you reduce your:
- Operating Costs. Improving the efficiency of your building’s systems and design will not only increase performance, but it will also help you reduce your operating costs.
- Environmental Impact. By conserving energy and using sustainable building materials, you can reduce the impact your facility makes on the environment.
Using LEED in Building Design.
Our LEED engineers are able to contribute their specific knowledge to new construction building projects and maintenance projects. To meet the specific standards for green building design outlined by LEED, we create systems that adhere to certain requirements.
- Efficient Use of Resources. We are committed to developing efficient systems that use energy and other resources more efficiently. By reducing consumption, we also reduce your operating costs. We can incorporate energy modeling services to help you anticipate typical energy usage and optimize system efficiency prior to construction.
- Quality Indoor Environment. The safety and comfort of building occupants is a crucial component of any building design. Our LEED building design approach focuses on using resources efficiently without compromising occupant comfort.
- Sustainable Materials. Whenever possible, we utilize environmentally preferable building materials. Renewable materials that are biodegradable and free of toxins are safer for the environment, and also create a safer space for occupants. We utilize sustainable materials that offer the performance and durability you need.
- Reduce Waste. The construction or renovation process creates waste. Whenever possible, we reuse or recycle waste materials. Through careful planning, we also reduce the amount of material needed for your project.
Reach Your Sustainability Goals.
Our team of LEED engineers is here to provide you with the guidance you need to complete your project and meet the LEED standards outlined by the U.S. Green Building Council. Through our full range of mechanical and electrical engineering services, we can create sustainable, energy-efficient design for new structures or building retrofitting projects.
LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company recognizes the importance of integrating sustainability best practices into any building design project. Our focus is on contributing to sustainability at all phases of the design process, and identifying new ways to improve performance. As your partner, we will help you reach your sustainability goals with designs that:
- Are Resource Efficient
- Provide Cost-Effective Solutions
- Use Safe Materials
- Are Performance-Based
Our LEED building design services are designed to help you reach your sustainability goals for an environmentally friendly and efficient finished product. Contact LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company to learn how our LEED engineers can develop design solutions that benefit your community as well as your bottom line.