Energy modeling provides you with the ability to make informed choices about your building’s initial design or retrofit solutions. The information obtained through the energy modeling process helps to shape the strategy for your building project. By weighing the cost and benefit of various scenarios with energy modeling, you can simplify the decision-making process and streamline your project.
Smart Planning with Energy Modeling
The energy modeling process involves using a virtual simulation of a building or complex of buildings to evaluate energy usage. Our building energy modeling services will carefully assess systems including lighting, HVAC, and water so you can better understand how they impact your overall energy consumption, utility costs, and life cycle costs. Whether you are planning a new construction project or working to improve the efficiency of an existing structure, energy modeling is an effective tool.
- Early Planning. Energy modeling offers you the opportunity to estimate costs and potential savings based on different scenarios, allowing you to choose the most cost-effective methods and materials. Integrating energy modeling into your overall design process allows you to create a more efficient finished product.
- Updates and Improvements. Through energy modeling, you have the opportunity to see which systems may be experiencing less-than-optimal performance. You can also test potential system upgrades to better determine the return on investment.
- Certified Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP). Having a certified professional provide your energy modeling is the best guarantee for a stellar project. LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company has certified staff tested and qualified by the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
We will also help you identify any new opportunities to improve efficiency, and weigh the potential benefits of implementing green solutions. With our building energy modeling services, you can explore new ways to improve sustainability, and develop state-of-the-art techniques to improve performance.
How Does the Process Work
The energy modeling process begins with building simulation. Your entire building, along with its systems, is replicated using a sophisticated computer program. The completed building simulation is created to reflect real-life conditions as closely as possible, and includes details such as:
- Building location and orientation
- Occupancy data
- Operational schedules
- Area climate data
Once the virtual replica is complete, we perform a simulation that monitors the building’s system performance for a prolonged period of time as it is exposed to typical usage and weather conditions.
What are the Benefits of Energy Modeling
Our building energy modeling service provides you with an accurate snapshot of your building’s energy usage and performance.
- Better Planning. Energy modeling provides you with the opportunity to streamline the overall design process, because it allows you to compare different design schemes before construction is underway.
- Anticipate Energy Costs. By monitoring and predicting energy usage over a specific period of time, energy modeling provides you with a reliable way to predict your energy costs over time.
- Identify Opportunities. With an in-depth understanding of your building’s performance and energy usage, you can more easily identify opportunities to improve performance and efficiency. We can help you explore which retrofit solutions are available to you.
Energy modeling presents the unique opportunity to put specific design scenarios to the test, and discover which methods and materials will be the most cost-effective and sustainable. To learn more about the benefits of energy modeling, contact LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company.