Fire system engineering is vital to the safety of the occupants of your building. We have decades of experience developing these important life safety systems, so you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your property and personnel are protected.
Are You Concerned About Your Fire Protection?
Fire protection system design is crucial for buildings, but how do you know if you have the correct fire protection? Fire system design requires the integration of many systems including ventilation, lighting, fire sprinkler, fire alarm, and emergency power. You need a more-than-solid design for these critical life safety systems, which is why you need LKPB Engineers. We have the right registered mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineers on staff. Our team has the skills and experience you need to get the job done right.
Fire Protection Engineering Design Services
Our comprehensive fire protection services cover seven critical areas of fire protection engineering design. Depending on the specific requirements of your facility, you may require one, two, or more of these services to cover your fire protection needs.
- Fire Sprinkler and Fire Alarm Design. Fire protection systems are an important safety feature for residential and commercial buildings, but some buildings require special fire protection. Our team can design custom fire protection systems for:
- High-rise buildings
- Data centers
- High Piled Storage Analysis. If you store a large volume of products in your warehouse or other storage facility, safe storage practices are of especial importance. We offer a thorough analysis of your storage facilities to ensure that commodities are being stored correctly, at an appropriate height, and that your building is properly designed to store them. We also develop separation strategies to reduce your construction costs, and provide you with a comprehensive High Piled Storage Report that is suitable for submittal to a Fire Marshal for permit.
- Fire Protection Water Supply Analysis and Design. The water supply for your fire protection system must be able to keep up in the event of an emergency. Our team can conduct a thorough analysis of your current water supply through flow test evaluations, or design an entirely new on-site storage and pumping system to suit your fire protection needs.
- Hazardous Material and Special Commodity Analysis and Design. If you store hazardous materials in your facility, our team can help you develop solutions to store them properly and safely. Our analysis will help you understand what features you need to store materials such as:
- Flammable liquids
- Compressed gases
- Flammable gases
- Toxic materials
- Pyrophoric materials
- Unstable and/or water-reactive materials
- Alternate Materials Design and Methods of Construction. There are situations where it is not practically feasible to comply with new code requirements for an existing building structure. Fortunately, there are provisions that allow for the use of alternate materials and methods. Our engineers are experienced in finding solutions that will help you meet code requirements practically and efficiently.
- Atrium Smoke Control Systems. Large, open spaces such as sports arenas, shopping malls, and convention centers have specific smoke-control needs. It is crucial that your atrium smoke-control system is properly designed, installed, and tested to ensure safety and functionality.
- Stair Pressurization Systems. Stair pressurization is an important fire safety feature. A stair pressurization system is designed to prevent smoke from passing into stairways, and allow for safe evacuation of the building in the event of a fire. Our services include a thorough analysis and determination of the required supply and exhaust rates for stair pressurization.
To learn more about our fire protection services, contact LKPB Engineers today! We can answer any questions you might have about our services, and help you find the right solution to keep your facility safe.