Aesthetics, illumination, color, function, space, and psychology, LKPB’s talented lighting professionals apply these elements in order to create lighting solutions that are beautiful and purposeful, yet energy efficient and easy to maintain. Our integrated design process will yield a custom final result that you’ll love.
Building Lighting System Design Solutions
Our lighting system design process integrates seamlessly with your projects. We develop lighting solutions that are reliable and impactful, while also keeping operating costs low. Our team has decades of experience in developing custom lighting design including:
- Computer Modeling of Lighting Systems. Due to the amount of overlap with other building systems, building lighting system design is often a complex process that requires a great deal of decision-making. Computer modeling makes it easier to explore options, visualize possible changes, and facilitate real-time decision-making. Our modeling framework allows stakeholders to make informed decisions more quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
- Interior and Exterior Lighting Design. Beyond providing functional and appealing building lighting system design for your building’s interior, we also provide exterior lighting solutions. Exterior lighting plays a vital role in safety and security. Depending on the type of facility, interior and exterior lighting needs will vary drastically. Your specific needs and goals will help determine which technologies are appropriate for you.
- Custom and Specialty Lighting. Through custom or specialty building lighting system design, we are able to work seamlessly and effectively with architects and owners to create efficient, tailored lighting solutions. We develop lighting systems to suit your needs, budget, and sustainability goals.
- Sports Lighting Design. Beyond our exterior lighting solutions, we provide complete lighting systems designed to address the unique needs of sports and recreational facilities. Our lighting system engineers are able to design systems that provide sufficient lighting without producing unwanted glare.
- Industrial and Special Applications. Industrial lighting systems must account for a variety of factors, including operating conditions, specific manufacturing processes, employee safety, and other design criteria. Our team is able to create industrial lighting systems that help promote employee comfort and productivity, and enhance operational efficiency.
- Lighting Control Systems. Our tailored lighting control systems allow you to reduce energy costs and consumption while still ensuring that your facility receives the right amount of light, in the right places, at the right time.
- Site Lighting. Proper site lighting offers focused and functional illumination where it is needed. Site lighting improves safety and visibility in outdoor applications, and efficient lighting system design provides the visibility you need while reducing overall energy consumption.
- Streetscape Lighting. Streetscape lighting makes streets safer for both vehicle and pedestrian traffic, and protects the security of your property. Streetscape lighting design must balance the lighting needs of your facility with installation and material costs, maintenance costs and requirements, and overall efficiency.
A Big-Picture Approach to Building Lighting System Design
While vital, lighting is only one component of a complete building design. Our expertise in building lighting system engineering allows us to create systems that integrate seamlessly with other building systems. Here are just a few of the details we consider as we map out your building lighting system design.
- Efficiency. Lighting is one of the most energy-consuming systems in your facility. We create lighting solutions that are as energy-efficient as they are effective.
- Lighting System Controls. By controlling your lighting systems through automation, you can adjust usage based on building occupancy, amount of natural light, schedule, or general preference.
- Architecture. Lighting system design is most effective when it is properly integrated with your building’s architecture. We design systems that utilize and highlight key architectural features while also meeting user needs.
Bring beauty, functionality, and efficiency to your project with custom building lighting system design from LKPB Engineers!